The training is reviewed each year.
Changes are made to the original posting.
Here are the shortcuts to all the pages:
- WHY ARE YOU JUDGING?: http://bit.ly/GE_WhyBeAJudge
- INTERNATIONAL WRITING DIFFERENCES: http://bit.ly/GE_InternationalDiffrences
- LOGICAL ACTIONS: http://bit.ly/GE_LogicalActions
- PACING: http://bit.ly/GE_Pacing
- POV SHIFTS: http://bit.ly/GE_POVshifts
- WORD OVERUSE: http://bit.ly/GE_WordOveruse
- WRITING STYLES: http://bit.ly/GE_Style
- Judge Training 101-THE SCORE SHEET: http://bit.ly/GE_JT101_TheScoreSheet
- Judge Training 102-COMMENTS: http://bit.ly/GE_JT102_Comments
- Judge Training 103-THE OPENING: http://bit.ly/GE_JT103_Opening
- Judge Training 104-SETTING: http://bit.ly/GE_JT104_Setting
- Judge Training 105-STYLE & TECHNICAL SECTION: http://bit.ly/GE_JT105_Style
- Judge Training 106-PLOT: http://bit.ly/GE_JT106_Plot
- Judge Training 107-CHARACTERIZATION: http://bit.ly/GE_JT107_Characterization
- Contemporary Series (CS) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_CS_Scoresheet
- Historical Romance (HR) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_HR_Scoresheet
- Inspirational Romance (IR) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_IR_Scoresheet
- Mainstream with Romantic Elements (MRE) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_MRE_Scoresheet
- New Adult (NA) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_NA_Scoresheet
- Romantic Suspense (RS) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_RS_Scoresheet
- Single Title Romance (ST) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_ST_Scoresheet
- Specialized Romance (SR) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_SR_Scoresheet
- Young Adult (YA) Scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GE_YA_Scoresheet
~ ~ ~
Most of the opinions on judging and interpreting the questions’ intent are my own words. I’ve been in the business over 15 years and have spoken to many authors, gathering information. A lot of the time when a question is asked, I go to authors who publish in that genre for advice. Please use your own expertise and experience, but keep our humble interpretations in mind.
Thanks, Angi Morgan
Contributions and edits by Fenley Grant.
Articles, tips and references are always welcome.